Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Nostalgia Kicks In

I hit the treadmill at work yesterday. I decided I would try for a "speedy" 5k. I managed to go sub 25 and was quite happy with it. According to DailyMile, it was my fastest 5k in 5 years.

Feeling nostalgic, I was curious if I could find some old XC race results online. I know I used to run much faster, but how much I had little idea. I was able to find 2 years county finals, 9th and 11th grade. Holy crap! Freshman year at Stoney Creek, I ran a 20:15! I then remembered I had an invitnational a week or two later where it snowed, but I also beat the freshman record (but another kid beat me by a few seconds in the same race). I believe it was on the lighter side of 19 minutes.

That was a long time ago. I can't even count that time as my PR, because I was a different person then. I wonder if I could ever get close to those times again. Being at least 30lbs heavier than then sure isn't helping. Come on muscle memory, remember those sub 7 splits!

No comments:

Post a Comment